Today’s guest is Jordan Bishop, the founder of Yore Oyster, a flight hacking startup that saves travelers 20-50% on their international flights, and the editor in chief of How I Travel, a wanderlust publication showcasing the world’s most interesting travelers. In the past 12 months, he’s called each of Argentina, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Colombia, Thailand, and Germany home, and considers peanut butter a fifth food group.
In this episode, you will learn how to plan your trips and save money, how to develop and maintain your daily routines while traveling and how to become a flight hacker.
In this episode, you will learn
- Where he is settled and working on now.
- How the idea of Yore Oyster came.
- How Jordan started his business from a blog post.
- Does business books help to start a business?
- How Jordan travels, meet people and finds interesting stories.
- How to combine three passions: writing, professional photography, meeting and interacting with people.
- How Jordan defines world class writing.
- How Jordan keeps high-quality photographies while traveling.
- What the main sources of inspirations are.
- How Jordan have things done.
- What habits Jordan developed during the years and how to keep daily routines going while traveling.
- Top 3 hacks while traveling.
- What’s next?
The blog post that became viral and encouraged Jordan to start a flights business.
Full Moon party in Thailand, Koh Phangan that attracts people from all around the world.
Cereal Magazine is a bi-annual magazine about travel and style.
Google Flights is a solid tool for booking travel. Choose your flight from a simple list of results, explore destinations on a map, and find travel dates with the lowest fare with Flight Search.
Task Rabbit allows you to hire people to help you with everyday tasks. It is an online and mobile marketplace that matches freelance labor with local demand.
Airbnb allows you to share your extra space with travelers and make money.
Makespace is your on-demand storage option. You pack, they pick up, store, and redeliver.
Follow Jordan Bishop
If you enjoyed this episode make sure to check Jordan’s social profiles.
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Jordan Bishop is a passionate traveler and flights hacker, who helps others to explore the world and save money. We hope that Jordan’s experience and knowledge will help you to become a better traveler and save money for your next trip.
Tomas really enjoyed talking with him and if you learned something from this episode, please share it with your friends who want to learn more about the tech industry, media for digital nomads and the remote work.
Did you enjoy this post?
Never miss a blog post. Subscribe below to get more posts like this sent straight to your inbox as soon as they're published.